"Jimmy Corrigan" (April 9)

April 9: The Smartest Kid on Earth

For this week, I read Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Kid on Earth. The first think that jumped out to me was the art style. I really like the flat, graphic and angular art style of the visual storytelling. I also felt that it gives the story more of a my timely feel, which actually goes with the type of story told. I really can gravitate to reading comics that have a specific art style that cam jump out to me. I really feel that having a style can help someone get into it. Once the reader gets the interested in the artwork, the story that is included can help the reader get interested even more. I also really think that the layout of the comic, being very bold, and stylized with its uses of black outlines and certain colors is another way of the novel being able to jump out to me.
Looking at the story of Jimmy Corrigan, I really got entangled with the emotion behind the story, from the multigenerational storytelling through the different times and ages of Jimmy and James. I really felt it made the story incredibly interesting because you have these scoff elects in a normal, run-of-the mil comic series.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading The Smartest Kid in he World. I enjoyed the art style and the story of it. I really different, and emotional. I never really read a story that deals with relationships and family quite like this. I would definetely read more stories like Jimmy Corrigan and would definitely recommend it to people.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assessment (April 23)

In-Class Assignment, Week 11 (April 9)