"Death Note" (April 2)

April 2: “Death Note”

For this week, I chose Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Tekashi Obata. I was already familiar with the name, including the plot, solely through the anima adaptation from the 2000s. I never actually read the manga before than, nor did I watch the anime adaptation, but I was well-aware of the the property, the story, and the impact that death Note has in the pop culture atmosphere.

Just from the idea of Death Note was interesting and intriguing. Having the main character wield this powerful item with devastating power, aka the Death Notebook, that can kill anyone whose name is written into it I think it’s the kind of idea that can create such interesting storylines and is throughly thought provoking to me.


I feel that having this idea in a story can really make people thing. By what I mean by that is that it can make some people think of what it would be like if they had that Notebook. It would lead people to want to do the awful acts of violence in the story, but it can make people look at who they are as person and see of they would actually go towards committing that violence of the had the choice. I really like stories that can cut through and really make someone think about what a character is doing in a story and would they do that if they could. We are always having to choose what we need to do or what we want to do. So having a story where a character knows that he can’t do what he is doing, but choses to do so anyway is a great kind of story and enjoyed of Death Note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assessment (April 23)

"Jimmy Corrigan" (April 9)

In-Class Assignment, Week 11 (April 9)