"Web Comics" (April 30)


Week 14: Web Comics

I have never actually read a web comic before. I had no experience with it, and when going it it, I had the expectation of it being just like an actual, physical comic, but on my computer screen. When going through it, I wouldn't say I was wrong, but it not what I had expected it to be. Even though some of them still retain having images to display, I was nothing like reading regular comic. Instead of looking at one particular web comic, I looked at several others. From Nuklear Power, and Achewood, to Astounding Space Thrills, I looked at them and really looked at the layout of theme and see the different ays to display a web comic, since I had no experience with the medium.
I really think it’s interesting to think about how far along we’ve gotten, in terms of how comics can be produced and displayed to an audiences. It really shows how technology has advanced, but it also shows how we gobble up content. Today, more people swallow content through devices than physical media. This is the same for reading comics. Back then, people would read comics from actual books and newspapers, and now we can read those stories on devices such as phones, tablets, and on laptops. It’s really interesting to look at it because, it really shows that not only web comics an be made online for more people to see, but can help create a more distinctive and diverse voice in the medium. Using the power of the internet to rpoduce comics can help more voices to be heard and more e creators to be seen, and help inure more web comic creators.

I really decide to write this blog more about the medium of web comics, other than taking mostly about the stories in the comics themselves. Since I really had not experience with web comics, I thought it would be good to write about it from that perspective. I just felt like it would be more interesting instead of just writing about what happened in a story in one of the comics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assessment (April 23)

"Jimmy Corrigan" (April 9)

In-Class Assignment, Week 11 (April 9)